Belong Lab Manager
Who we are:
PICO California aspires to create a just and inclusive society that recognizes and embraces the inherent dignity of all Californians. Our mission is to unlock the power of people to place their values into the heart of state, regional, and local civic decision-making.
Founded 20 years ago, PICO California operates out of three offices (Sacramento, Berkeley, and Los Angeles) that serve 485 congregations within 15 member federations across 73 cities located in six major regions: Central Valley, Inland Empire, Southern California, Los Angeles, Bay Area and Northern California. Our network of more than 485,000 Californians extends from San Diego to Del Norte. PICO volunteer leaders are among the people most impacted by equity issues: immigrants, the formerly incarcerated, low-wage workers, chronically uninsured and underinsured, and young people. Our diverse institutional membership from more than a dozen faith traditions anchors our outreach, analysis and action in a prophetic theology of resistance that helps people understand the systemic roots of their shared suffering as well as articulate an alternative narrative that liberates individuals and communities from the dominant cultural norms that perpetuate inequity.
Please visit www.picocalifornia.org to learn more.
The Belong Lab Manager will play a key role in the strategy, design and implementation of the Belong Lab at the local and state level, and in partnership with Faith in Action at the national level. The Belong Lab Manager is responsible for Belong curriculum design, recruitment of institutions to adopt the Belong Framework and to partner with Federations in bringing the Belong Framework and Belong Circles as a key tool for the building and formation of new leaders. This role reports to the Chief Formation Officer.
- Identify federations and/or Community Organizers committed to implementing the Belong framework and Belong Circle model.
- Conduct listening sessions with former participants, staff & federations to collect data on experiences with Belong 1.0. Use that data to develop framework for Belong 2.0, 3.0, etc.
- Facilitate Belong Design Labs and see new curriculum through to completion (including translation).
- Coordinate annual training/symposium with a minimum of 250 people in attendance equipped to facilitate Belong Circles.
- Develop thought partnerships with stake holders in key areas including: Equity, Inclusion and the Belong framework. From these relationships create best practices for the statewide network to live into these values.
- Develop a leader onboarding strategy based in Belong format
- Contribute where needed in content creation including but not limited to:
- “The Belong Circle” series
- Human interest stories
- Articles, press releases, etc
- Develop relationships with media, publications, and other key platforms to amplify the Belong narrative on a local and state level.
- Work in partnership with Director of Communications to develop the Belong brand including image, messaging and products.
- Commitment to beloved community, social justice and the mission of PICO CA
- Cultural competence to work in a multicultural, multi-faith environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, Conflict Resolution or Psychology, preferred
- Ability to handle multiple, high-leverage partner relationships in execution of overall organization strategy
- Self-Starter – you should be able to learn quickly and be resourceful in finding answers to questions or problems you are not familiar with
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Experience working in social movement, community-based organizations.
- Excellent facilitation and project management skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to mission
- Strong training and curation skills in multi-racial and multi-faith settings
- Online training competency
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency with MS Office and Apple/Macbook proficiency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
- Bridge-building and conflict resolution orientation
All applicants must apply for this position online via organizingcareers.org. Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
- An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format)
- A cover letter (stating why you would be the ideal person for this position)
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address.
FAITH IN ACTION provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FAITH IN ACTION complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.