NY Renews Seeks Part-Time Development Lead (staff or consultant)
NY Renews, a multi-sector statewide coalition working for a just transition to a clean-energy economy, is seeking a Development Lead.
About the Organization
NY Renews, the force behind passage of the nation’s most progressive climate law, the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA), is mapping a path to a just, clean energy economy in New York State. NY Renews’ 200+ member organizations bring together the priorities and energy of social, economic and environmental justice groups, environmental organizations, labor unions, public health, faith, youth and policy advocacy organizations representing every region of New York. We are working to ramp up renewable energy, generate thousands of new, well-paying jobs, and invest in communities that are burdened by pollution and/or on the frontlines of the climate crisis.
NY Renews is directed by a Steering Committee of representatives from 17 organizations. We have five full-time staff members. Our values are reflected in our Points of Unity, which are endorsed by all members upon joining. Our process is guided by the Jemez Principles for Democratic Organizing.
● Develop and implement a strategy to sustain and grow annual revenues from foundations and small and large individual donations. The Development Lead will report to the Coalition Coordinator, and will collaborate with the Lead Communications Strategist and members of NY Renews’ Steering and Fundraising Committees to coordinate fundraising efforts. The person in this position will cultivate and maintain strong relationships with foundations and major individual donors.
● Work closely with NY Renews Fundraising Committee and other members of the staff to ensure successful fundraising and strategic growth.
● Maintain existing and develop new relationships with foundation representatives.
● Organize briefings for foundation representatives and individual donors.
● Prepare and submit grant proposals to foundations (approximately 15-20 per year).
● Prepare and submit budget and narrative reports to foundations
● Cultivate and maintain relationships to increase donations from individuals, both small donations and those from high net-worth individuals.
● Work closely with fiscal sponsor and finance manager to ensure funds are being received, processed, and tracked.
● Oversee foundation and donor records, tracking and database, utilizing data to make decisions and develop strategy.
● Create and maintain communications collateral and donor communications calendar in coordination with Communications Coordinator. Tasks may include: updating sections of the coalition website, creating social media campaigns, creating leave behinds,producing videos, maintaining online donation pages, managing a funder newsletter,and acknowledging donations.
● Draft and send appeals, donor updates, and other emails with Action Network, in coordination with the Lead Communications Strategist.
● Maintain donor and funder databases.
● Create and coordinate both foundation and individual donor events.
● Coach and support staff and Steering Committee members to engage in fundraising conversations and participate in fundraising events.●Represent NY Renews to major stakeholders and potential funders, when necessary.
● Ensure all NYR Steering Committee members and staff are aware of funding being sought and secured.
● Strong alignment with NY Renews values and mission: a strong racial justice lens;commitment to social, economic, racial, and climate justice.
● A track record of success in fundraising, donor cultivation, and organizational development with social justice, racial justice, or climate justice organizations.
● Experience creating a strategic plan for development, with individual and foundation donor solicitations, online fundraising.
● Knowledge of environmental justice issues and policies is a plus.
● Experience working with communities impacted by climate change, racial injustice, and economic inequality a plus.
● Experience working in coalitions is a plus.
● Creative, energetic, self-motivated and well organized.
●Excellent writing, interpersonal, oral communications skills.
● Knowledge of ActBlue, Action Network, Squarespace, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter are all pluses.
● Strong preference for resident of NYC metropolitan area.
Employment Type: Approximately 30 hours /week. This position is available as a staff position or contract consultancy. Applicants are asked to propose their preference.
Salary and Benefits (if hired as staff)
● The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $70,000 based on experience. This is an exempt salaried position.
● NY Renews provides employees 100% health and dental insurance and 80% of costs for family coverage, along with a generous paid time off, family leave, and holiday package for staff over 30 hours/week.
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Development Lead” in the subject line.
If applying as a consultant, please submit consultant proposal.
Please apply by 9/15/20.
NY Renews is committed to equity, inclusion and justice. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the values we fight for in the world. People of color, people with disabilities, women,non-binary, and LGBTQ people are especially encouraged to apply.
Original post: https://www.nyrenews.org/work-with-us