Digital Organizing Manager
Who We Are
PICO California aspires to create a just and inclusive society that recognizes and embraces the inherent dignity of all Californians. Our mission is to unlock the power of people to place their values into the heart of state, regional, and local civic decision-making.
Founded 20 years ago, PICO California operates out of three offices (Sacramento, Berkeley, and Los Angeles) that serve 485 congregations within 15 member federations across 73 cities located in six major regions: Central Valley, Inland Empire, Southern California, Los Angeles, Bay Area and Northern California. Our network of more than 485,000 Californians extends from San Diego to Del Norte. PICO volunteer leaders are among the people most impacted by equity issues: immigrants, the formerly incarcerated, low-wage workers, chronically uninsured and underinsured, and young people. Our diverse institutional membership from more than a dozen faith traditions anchors our outreach, analysis and action in a prophetic theology of resistance that helps people understand the systemic roots of their shared suffering as well as articulate an alternative narrative that liberates individuals and communities from the dominant cultural norms that perpetuate inequity.
Please visit http://www.picocalifornia.org to learn more.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Digital Organizing Manager will support PICO California’s organizing and legislative program, including but not limited to organizing our existing digital supporters, attracting new online leaders, converting regional leaders into virtual leaders, and building relationships
with regional influencers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a broadly-distributed digital organizing team comprised of some paid staff and some volunteer grassroots leaders
- Work closely with field team to amplify statewide network organizing goals
- Collaboratively generate digital strategy for on-going, campaign, and rapid response needs
- Train staff, leaders, and organizing teams on digital organizing skills
- In conjunction with the Communications department:
- Escalate urgent & important stories to greater public exposure, deliver immersive and actionable digital experiences, and support the communications content & creative where skills overlap exists.
- Create digital organizing support collateral; toolkits, invitations, etc. within the organization’s branding standards
- Manage and grow social media activism/turnout capacity for PICO California
- Manage and grow email & SMS lists
The Digital Organizing Manager will have the following EXPERIENCE and ATTRIBUTES:
- Digital grassroots organizing management experience – demonstrated success of translating traditional organizing plans into digital execution, both independent of and alongside traditional organizers
- Digital organizing experience – demonstrated success in creating, growing contact lists and motivating audiences into action (digital action, fundraising, turnout, etc.)
- Project management experience – team building, planning, and execution
- Training experience – prior understanding of adult learning and direct experience with digital training tools preferred
- Communications skills as related to digital organizing: branding coherence, message dissemination, effective writing, social media, web, email platforms
- Californian life experience, understanding the nuances between our state’s vast diversity of people and geography preferred
Commitment To Organizational Culture
- Flexible hours, particularly around rapid response
- Alignment with PICO California’s mission and values
- Multicultural and multi-faith competence and sensitivity preferred
- Multilingual – English & Spanish strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (required)
- Digital organizing tools (Hustle, Strive, E-mail, Outvote, etc.) to achieve campaign and audience-building goals
- Communications tools (Adobe Suite, Canva, E-mail blast, Zoom, Post Scheduler)
- Data management and integration, expect to work closely with data team
- Computer and mobile devices
- Microsoft suite
- Google suite
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job), While largely sedentary, this position requires the ability to sit, stand, lift up to 20 lbs., speak, and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time. Requires the ability to use a computer and office equipment traditionally found in office settings. Requires the ability to travel regionally and periodically nationally, on behalf of Faith in Action. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PICO California is committed to diversity in its staff, and offers a competitive salary and generous benefits.
All applicants must apply for this position online via organizingcareers.org . Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format)A cover letter (stating why you would be the ideal person for this position)
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact email@example.com. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address.
FAITH IN ACTION provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FAITH IN ACTION complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
See original post: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/digital-organizing-manager-at-pico-national-network-2007689574/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
Leave a Reply