The Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition (PICC) is a diverse coalition of over 50 member organizations. Our membership includes community groups, social, health and legal service providers, advocacy organizations, labor unions, and faith communities. PICC plays a unique role as the only organization in Pennsylvania that brings together organizations and individuals representing different ethnicities, immigration statuses, faiths, and other backgrounds, to work collectively on immigrant rights in Pennsylvania.
PICC’s work is guided by the following values:
- Collaboration – We are committed to broad-based coalition work and embrace the challenge of finding common ground and building positive working relationships between diverse groups and individuals.
- Engaging Diversity – We believe that by working together as diverse immigrant groups we increase our collective power and impact. We are committed to addressing diverse communities’ identified needs, reflected within our advocacy, organizing and program work, as well as within PICC’s leadership.
- Immigrant Leadership – We support and facilitate the development of leadership within immigrant communities to ensure that immigrant communities are at the fore in defining and leading our work.
- Collective Ownership – Our work moves forward through the time, energy and commitment of our member organizations, community leaders, staff, and Board.
The Executive Director of PICC is a highly effective communicator, masterful storyteller and bridge builder who demonstrates the ability to lead collaboration among groups representing multiple nationalities, languages, ethnicities, religions, and other identities and their intersections. They are a compassionate, persistent, and adaptable leader who will strengthen PICC’s vision.
PICC’s Board of Directors and supervising all senior staff.
The Executive Director is responsible for:
Organizational Development & Fundraising:
- In conjunction with the Resource Director, raise funds for the coalition
- Build and maintain relationships with PICC’s local members and national partners
- Help involve more organizations as members to the coalition
- Work collaboratively with Board leadership to ensure an effective and representative Board of Directors and set Board strategy in realizing the organization’s vision.
- Ensure the fiscal integrity of the organization by developing an annual budget and providing monthly financial statements and other documentation that accurately reflects the financial condition of the organization.
External Leadership & Communications:
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and elected officials to broaden PICC’s base of support and impact
- Effectively engage and communicate with the public, both written and verbally
- Build PICC’s capacity to lead and support advocacy efforts at the local, state, and federal levels that result in policy change
- Experience and knowledge regarding legislative advocacy, including communications skills for the promotion of policy papers/positions
- Maintain an equitable and sustainable organizational culture that promotes the wellbeing of all staff and members
- Ensure that PICC achieves its goals by developing and executing the strategic plan that fulfills the organizational mission and vision (short and long-term)
- Guide and mentor employees by leading with care, tenacity, and passion
- Maintain a strong and diverse team through inclusive and transparent recruitment, hiring, evaluation, training, and promotion processes
- Commitment and passion to protect and promote immigrant rights
- Strategic and effective fundraiser from both traditional and non-traditional sources and individuals
- Commitment to supporting grassroots leadership in coalition work
- Experience with immigrant rights organizing, specifically building multi-national/ethnic/religious campaigns
- Fluency in a language spoken within Pennsylvania’s immigrant communities (e.g. Spanish, Chinese, etc.) is preferred
- Knowledge about Pennsylvania’s history of immigration and politics is preferred
- Starting salary for this position is $80,000. PICC prides itself on having an equitable, transparent, and values-based pay scale for all its employees which was created as an all-staff effort and process to ensure pay equity at all levels of the organization.
- Competitive benefits package which includes full medical coverage, 5% employer 401k match, paid vacation, mental health days, and sick leave.
- Opportunity to contribute at a growing, dynamic statewide organization with a strong foundation and team in Pennsylvania
Persons of color and from immigrant backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position can be based anywhere in Pennsylvania and will require some travel statewide. This is a full-time position with occasional weekend and evening hours.
Here’s the link of the job posting: http://paimmigrant.org/2020/09/executive-director/
How to Apply
Please submit a resume with a short introductory letter answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Director”:
- Why do you want to work with immigrant/refugee communities?
- What about this position interests you?
- What experience do you have leading diverse teams and organizations?
All applications will be acknowledged with an initial automatic response, but only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls or direct emails to the PICC team please.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, ideal start date will be February 2021. Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition (https://paimmigrant.org/)
Leave a Reply